What is the Full Form of RCC?
RCC: Reinforced Cement Concrete
R = Reinforced
Concrete is good at resisting compression but is very weak at resisting tension. Hence wherever tensile stress is expected, reinforcement is provided in the concrete.
Properties of RCC/Requirement of Good R.C.C.
- It must be able to resist the expected tensile, compressive, bending, and shear forces.
- It should not show excessive deflection and should not impair the serviceability requirements.
- There should be a proper cover for reinforcement so as to prevent corrosion.
- The developed hair cracks should be within the permissible limits.
- It should be a good fire-resistant material.
- When it is fresh, it can be molded into any desired shape and size.
- It must be durable.
Uses of RCC
- RCC is used as a structural element in a building such as footing, columns, beams, stairs, slabs, etc.
- RCC is also used for the construction of water tanks, dams, bridges, retaining walls, roads, etc.
- It is also used for pre-casting such as railway sleepers, electric poles, etc.